Getting Started: Meet Amira!
Welcome to Amira! We're excited to read with you this summer!
Amira: Your Child’s Personal Reading Tutor
- Learning with Amira is like having a personal reading tutor inside your child's computer.
- Amira listens attentively and provides help to reinforce skills.
- Amira is powered by machine learning and will adapt stories to meet your child's needs as they improve.
- At the end of each story, Amira gives a progress update of how your child is doing so you can set goals and see growth.
Setup is Easy!
- Watch the Family Training Video
- Use our Get Your Device Ready article
- Enable audio: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge
Tips to Pass Along to Your Child
- Amira is a reading tutor listening to your reading.
- Amira will give you tips as you read words you know, words you don’t know, or words you skip.
- Make sure to think about what you're reading because Amira may ask questions about the story at the end. Each story can take 3-10 minutes depending on your level.
- Amira will change the stories you can read based on how you do each day. You can re-read stories to improve your score, too.
Excited to Get Started?
1. Make sure your device is ready.
3. Review these Tips for Reading with Amira.