Get Your Device Ready
Amira is a web-based application that can be accessed from many devices and web browsers. Use this article to verify you're ready to use Amira.
WiFi / Network Speed
Most standard internet plans provide adequate bandwidth for Amira. However, internet speed may be variable depending on your at home use with other devices.
- Chromebooks, PCs, Macs, iPads, Surface Go
- Amira does not support other tablets or mobile devices.
- iPad must be iOS 12 or higher.
- Note: Chromebooks and PC’s must have 4 GB RAM minimum.
- Google search to find out how much RAM your computer has.
Web Browser Suggestions
Amira will display correctly on the following browsers:
- Chrome version 60+
- Safari version 11.1+ (Safari is the only supported browser on iPad)
- Edge version 79+
- Firefox version 60+
For Amira use at home, we encourage you to find a quiet place for your child to read without a headset. If you do choose to use a headset, our recommendations are here.
The final step to get your device ready to use Amira is to check that your microphone is enabled so Amira can listen to your student read. Visit our articles about Enabling Your Microphone for your particular web browser: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge.