This Amira System Requirements below lists system and device requirements to run Amira, including:
- Device and Browser Versions
- Browser Settings
- Network Requirements
- Firewall and Content Filter Requirements
You can print this document in PDF form here: Amira System Requirements.pdf
Device and Browser Versions
Amira operates best using Google Chrome but is supported by the following devices and web browsers. Amira is not compatible with tablets (except for iPads) or smartphones.
- Noise cancelling microphone, ideally optimized for dictation software.
- Dual, over-ear or on-ear earphones.
- No controls - avoid headsets with accessible mute and volume controls.
- Choose a microphone with a long enough boom (arm) to extend in front of a student's mouth.
- Connector - a USB, analog connection is preferred for non-iOS devices.
- Choose a headset that can hold up to repeated student use.
We recommend a headset without a mute button and with a USB such as the Logitech Education Headset w/ Microphone - USB. For iPads, the Logitech 3.5mm Headset for the Classroom. If the 3.5mm headset needs an adapter, we strongly recommend an Apple brand lightning adapter or USB-C adapter.
- Network Interface Cards supporting TCP/IP (wireless networks, including 802.11a, 802.11g, or 802.11n)
- During peak device use on campus, test network speed. Check that your network speed is at least 10 MBPS or higher inbound and outbound.
- For at home use, most standard internet plans provide adequate bandwidth for Amira. However, internet speed may be variable depending on at home use with other devices.
- Browsers must maintain 100% zoom level
- Never remember credentials for amiratutor.com
- Pop-up blockers must allow amiratutor.com for reports to function correctly
Firewall and Content Filter Requirements
Firewalls, Content Filters, Proxy Servers, and Virus Protection can impact Amira’s overall performance significantly, even in cases where bandwidth appears sufficient. Whenever possible, bypass content filters and proxy servers and ensure that the proxy server cache is properly configured.
Always allow the following domains in your school’s firewall and allow for HTTP and HTTPS (SSL) connections.
After verifying your devices meet our minimum requirements, complete the IT Readiness Checklist and schedule a Go Live Check with your Customer Success Lead.
Need additional help?
For questions about Amira, chat with us below!