Customize Testing Windows: Auto-assign Assessments
This article describes how a user with the role of System Administrator can setup custom testing windows for the district to auto-assign benchmark assessments to students. Enabling this feature eliminates the need for staff to manually access the Tracking Report and assign the assessment by class. Notes to keep in mind:
- Districts can setup their current testing window within the range of (Fall, Winter, Spring).
- By default, students will see Amira Practice until a testing window opens and after they have taken a Benchmark Assessment.
- Once the testing window is setup using this Customize District Testing Windows feature, students will automatically be presented with the Benchmark assessment without the staff needing to assign the assessment via the Tracking Report.
- By default, students will see Amira Practice after they have taken a Benchmark Assessment unless the teacher re-assigns an assessment or the next Customized District Testing Window is created.
Enable a Customized Benchmark Assessment Window
Follow the steps below to customize the benchmark testing window.
- Log into https://www.amiratutor.com/ with a system administrator account.
- Click the Enable Benchmark Assessment tile.
Customize the Date Range of the Current Window
- From this page, the System Admin can customize the current Benchmark Assessment Window (see default windows listed on the right of the screen). Without setting up these customized windows, all staff must manually assign their assessments in order for students to be presented with the assessment upon login.
- Click the button Setup screening window for benchmark assessment to customize the date range and auto-assign assessments to students.
Edit the Date Range of the Current Window
- Click on the dates above the calendar view to setup the auto-assignment of the benchmark assessment for your staff for the given testing window.
- You can also click on the calendar dates themselves to adjust the date range.
- The dates will automatically save. Once you navigate away from this page and return, you will see your saved date range for this customized Benchmark Assessment Window.
NOTE: There is a unique version of the Benchmark Assessment each of the Fall, Winter and Spring window dates listed in the top right corner of your screen. Make sure your customized date range does NOT cross-over the available window dates.
Make sure your assessments have been configured so that staff and students will be able to access the test via the windows you have just customized. Speak with your Amira Customer Success representative to request modifications or complete the Configuration Survey. Refer to The Student Assessment Experience to see all the possible tasks available for assessment.
The configuration setup may take up to 7 days, so plan IT Readiness, Training, and Testing Windows accordingly.
Email email@example.com regarding assessment configuration questions.
Need additional help?
For questions about Amira, chat with us below.
For technical support, call HMH Tech Support at (800) 323-9239, Monday – Friday from 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM ET or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be prepared with your device type, browser version, and the steps you’ve taken to solve your problem.