Amira Rostering with Ed: Admin Guide
The purpose of this article is to assist Amira administrators to set up their district or school’s Amira access in Ed: Your Friend in Learning. This article will address three topics:
- Getting Started with Amira in Ed
- The Amira System Admin Role
- Setting Up Multi-Class or Multi-School Users as Team Teachers
- Launching Amira from Ed
Getting Started with Amira in Ed
Instructions for logging in for the first time, registering your account, and setting up roles and permissions are available at Ed: Your Friend in Learning Administrator Help.
Register & Activate Your Account
The first time new district Ed Administrators sign in to Ed: Your Friend in Learning you must register and then activate your account. Use the link within the HMH Access Notifications email to open the registration page. Your Ed platform order confirmation email (a separate email) will contain the 8-digit order number you need to register for your account.
- Register the account using the information provided in an initial email from HMH.
- Log in to Ed.
- In Ed's banner, click the Licenses tab and then click the Connected Products tab.
- Locate the Amira card and click Activate. A Data Sharing Agreement dialog box appears.
- Click the check box to confirm and click Agree. Amira is now available in Ed to your organization.
Click here for more detailed directions.
Log In (SSO and Direct)
Depending on the type of login used by your organization, see the detailed steps here.
Complete Rostering - Creating Classes and User Accounts
Administrators can add users, classes and enrollments manually or via mass import methods. Instructions on how to import rosters, add teachers, and add administrators, are available on the Ed: Your Friend in Learning Administrator Help site. By default, teachers may manually add and edit their own students and classes; administrators learn more about recommended permission settings here.
Note: Once Amira is activated and user accounts are set up, teachers must manually enable Amira for each of their classes in order for the teacher and students to gain access to Amira.
Access Ed-Amira Reports
To view classroom-level reports, you must have a "teacher" user account and be set up with access to the class(es) that you want to view. Every class is assigned one "lead teacher." Additional teachers can be added to any class as "team teachers." Depending on how you roster, team teachers can be set up as follows:
- Include team teachers for a class in the rostering process
- Add team teachers manually when you create or edit a class
View Amira Licenses
At any time, administrators can view the status of their organization's Amira licenses. For details, see View Amira Learning License Status.
The Amira System Admin Role
The Amira System Admin role will give you access to two permissions that are not available through Ed:
- The ability to access a download of a CSV export of assessment data
- The ability to edit the benchmarking cut-points in reports
- The ability to customize district testing windows and auto-assign assessments (Note: only for district-level system administrators)
Typically, a district sets up only a handful of users with this access to monitor KPIs, school board goals, and to compile raw data from Amira with other indicators. This video shows what a System Admin login looks like. This role does NOT have access to Amira Teacher Reports by class or student.
Use this survey link to request a System Admin user account for Amira. Multiple users may request this role, and access is available at the school level or district level. Once you complete the survey, Amira will send you the login and password information. You will go to https://www.amiratutor.com/ and log in with your Amira System Admin credentials.
For more information about the System Admin role or exporting CSV data in Amira, read this article.
Setting Up Multi-Class or Multi-School Users as Team Teachers
Follow the steps in the article How to Roster Team Teachers.
To set up these kinds of users manually, you will need to login to Ed, then:
- Create a teacher role for the user
- Add each school the user needs access to
- Create classes - choose each school, and add classes to school
- Add the user in question as a **Team Teacher** to each class (limit the total number of team teachers to 20 per class)
If you plan to assign any more than 20 classes to a single teacher and are having difficulty, please contact HMH Tech Support at the contact info below.
Launching Amira from Ed
To launch Amira from Ed, you must be logged into Ed as a teacher. District and School Admin roles in Ed have permissions related to rostering students and teachers in Ed, but cannot launch Amira from within Ed.
You may turn off the ED redirect setting, enabling all users to use either the SSO or Standard Ed Login. We suggest that you turn the redirect setting off temporarily while you access your other accounts, and then turn it back on again when you are done.
Need additional help?
For questions about Amira, chat with us below or reach out to email@example.com.